I often get made fun of because I go to bed early. But there are many benefits to getting adequate sleep.
Erik's recommendations for sleep:
1. Get 7.5 to 9 hours a night
2. No electronics in bed
4. Breathing exercises or meditation
5. Take a hot shower or bath
If you don't get adequate sleep, the following will happen:
1. Your cortisol levels will rise
2. You won't fully recover for your next hard workout
3. Your mental awareness will drop
Have a question for Erik? Use the blue button below:
Sign up for Erik's weekly fitness tips.
With this free fitness tip email, you'll learn how I help my private online clients get into amazing shape. Ready to gain better body mobility and strength while avoiding injury? Sign up and look out for a new tip every Tuesday.