I get a lot of emails asking me for my best program and fitness tips
- Should I do Crossfit or P90X?
- What is the best food to eat to lose weight?
- Should I do Paleo?
- What’s better HIIT or LIIS workouts?
And The Award For Best Fitness Program Goes To...
The secret is that almost all programs work, the difficult part is staying committed to the plan you put in place. So if you want to get stronger, leaner, or just improve your overall health it comes down to sticking to the plan you put in place. As I said almost every plan works, but there needs to be a few principles that you follow.
First things first
- Set a clear goal, then set some smaller goals to reach along the way.
- Be patient, it takes time to get results.
- Programs and supplements that say get quick results in less than 4 weeks aren’t real.
- You are what you eat. Your daily allowance should be in alignment with the goal that you have put in place.
- Put yourself in a safe calorie deficit if you are trying to lose weight.
- Up your protein and carbs allowance if you are trying to pack on muscle.
- Chug water, then chug more water.
- Take rest days
- Bring it! Nobody makes gains by going through the motions.
Give me a ring at 310.251.7420 if you'd like help sticking to your plan.
Image credit: Prayitno on Flickr
Sign up below and every week we'll send you one short but effective idea that can help you improve your performance.