What The Basics Aren't
- The basics aren’t sexy.
- The basics don’t grab the headlines.
- The basics, quite frankly, can be boring.
But, the basics produce results!
People have a hard time believing me that when it comes to fitness, all you need to do is stick to a few basic principles and you get results.
Now complication looks sexy, shiny, fun, and all the cool people are doing it. The fitness and supplement world is littered with this junk:
- program hopping
- infomercials of ab rollers with ripped models (who by the way did not get those ripped abs by doing the ab roller)
- Shake Weight
- vibrating platforms
- diet pills that sound to good to be true
- fancy machines at the gym
- 8 min abs/buns
- Power Balance bracelets with a special hologram to improve balance (my personal favorite)
All hype, all snake oil, all totally crap. But these companies do know one thing, they know how to sell. They know how to reach that emotional trigger to get us to buy their product or to try their cutting edge workout programs.
But trust me on this, focus on the basics and you’ll get the results you are looking for, without wasting a bunch of money and time on junk that you’d wind up selling at your next garage sale
What do the basics look like?
- Consistently eating well
- Not over eating
- Moving every day
- Avoiding sugar
- Doing squats
- Jogging, running, riding a bike
- Incrementally making your workouts harder
- Sticking to one program
- Setting a goal and sticking it out until you hit that goal
- Let’s not forget the most important thing of all…you have to put in the work!
If you'd like to get back to the basics, call on me 310.251.7420. I offer tailor made fitness & nutrition programs.
Image credit: Ben Warren on Unsplash
Sign up below and every week we'll send you one short but effective idea that can help you improve your performance.