It’s November and you know what that means -- if you aren't careful, attending holiday party after holiday party will start to take a toll on your waistline. Below is my annual Holiday Party Eating Guide to help you avoid packing on a few extra pounds before the new year arrives.
- Portion Control: Though this may seem obvious, it's definitely a biggie. You don't have to deny yourself a helping of stuffing or mashed potatoes, just resist the urge to go back for seconds and thirds. Over eating = weight gain.
- Step Up Your Workout Game: If you know you are going to be imbibing more, step up the volume and intensity of your workouts. Make sure to workout the day of the party and the following morning.
- Eat Before You Get to the Party: Sometimes we are so much in a hurry, that we forget to eat. By the time we get to the party we are starving and somehow manage to take down two trays of appetizers. Avoid this rookie mistake by making sure you eat a hearty meal before party time.
- Ditch the Eggnog: Be aware of your alcohol consumption. Many holiday beverages are chock full of sugar and empty calories.
- Out of Sight Out of Mind: After the meal is over, get the food out of the house! Send guests packing with tupperware containers full of leftovers.
- Be Smart, Sensible, and Have Fun!
Sign up below and every week we'll send you one short but effective idea that can help you improve your performance.