The Good News
There aren’t any rules! There are things that I suggest doing, though:
- Don’t drive around a parking lot looking for the closest spot; it’s okay to walk.
- Push the limits while working out…get that last rep, run a second faster with your intervals, & take less rest in between sets.
- Take your sleep seriously, even if you are 23 years old.
- Talk and ask questions of others who have accomplished your goals.
- Skip the elevators and escalators.
- Find a training partner.
- Eat veggies and fruit.
- Drink water.
- Make sure you eat adequate protein.
- Get outside, walk, hike, read, or just be.
- Use the 3-8 lb. dumbbells for a warm up.
- Do not compare yourself to others! So what if they are skinnier, stronger, or have better abs. There is no faster way to feel S*&tty about yourself!
- Squat, deadlift, and shoulder press.
Don’t be lazy or sedentary. Mother nature will be very unkind to you. There is no alternative for exercise, it has to get done.
Image credit: Break the rules! by Edward Simpson on Flickr
Sign up below and every week we'll send you one short but effective idea that can help you improve your performance.